Resources for subject matter experts
faculty & subject
Continuing and Professional Education overview
Faculty & subject matter expert resources is a one-stop-shop resource and guide available to faculty, instructors and other partners, and is designed to walk you through the process of successfully designing and running a CPE course.
ASU Continuing and Professional Education is dedicated to improving the skills and talent of working professionals and lifelong learners, through high-quality courses that expand opportunity, fulfill passions and positively impact the future of individuals, organizations and businesses.
Continuing and Professional Education began with the aspiration to make continuing education readily available to individuals and at the highest quality possible. As a service entity of ASU, we not only provide continuing education opportunities for anyone eager to learn, but we also provide support to our exceptional faculty, instructors and other partners.
Faculty subject matter expert Quicktab
Course build checklist
- If you have not built a course on our platform before, enroll in the CPE Course Development Toolkit.
- Download and fill out the proposed learner offering pitch-deck. Once complete send the deck to email@example.com for review and the team will follow-up within three weeks.
- If the course is revenue-bearing, sign a Memorandum of Understanding with CPE.
- When the course is close to being finished, submit a survey for a registration tile.
- CPE quality assurance team will review the course design.
- With your approval, the CPE team will launch the course!
The following services are available for our partners:
One-to-one instructional design consultation appointments
The CPE ID team is available to schedule one-to-one ID consultation appointments as needed to assist in course design questions and to strategize new course design ideas.
To schedule a consultation appointment, please email CPEIDsupport@asu.edu.
Tools and training
Canvas introduction video
Explore the look and feel of the Continuing and Professional Education learning management system, Canvas, and gain some management skills for your future course.
Self-directed CPE course development toolkit
This is a two-hour self-paced online course developed by the CPE ID team to educate stakeholders on how to build CPE self-paced course in Canvas. The course covers course development and design, use of Panopto (media server) and quality assurance practices.
Canvas help sessions
The CPE ID team hosts one-hour open Canvas help sessions each week to assist stakeholders in answering questions on course set up and design in Canvas. Additionally, registration set up in Catalog (the Canvas registration system) is discussed when needed.