Resources for subject matter experts
faculty & subject
This Educator page is a one-stop-shop resource and guide available to faculty, instructors and other partners, and is designed to walk you through the process of successfully designing and running a Upskilling course.
ASU’s Learning Enterprise is one of the three pillars of the university, designed to provide universal access to social and economic opportunity at every stage of a person’s life. The Upskilling unit (formerly CPE) within the Learning Enterprise is building an integrated portfolio of Upskilling programs to serve learners throughout their careers.
The Upskilling unit (formerly CPE) began with the aspiration to make continuing education readily available to individuals and at the highest quality possible. We strive to not only provide continuing education opportunities for anyone eager to learn, but we also provide support to our exceptional faculty, instructors and other partners.
Faculty subject matter expert Quicktab
Course build checklist
- If you have not built a course on our platform before, enroll in the Course Development Toolkit.
- Fill out survey here: https://forms.gle/Pkc9WkFCzzWwpH676.
- Sign a Memorandum of Understanding with Upskilling for either a revenue share agreement or a hosting fee agreement.
- When the course is close to being finished, submit a survey for a registration tile (If applicable).
- Upskilling quality assurance team will review the course design.
- With your approval, the Upskilling team will launch the course!
The following services are available for our partners:
One-to-one instructional design consultation appointments
The Upskilling ID team is available to schedule one-to-one ID consultation appointments as needed to assist in course design questions and to strategize new course design ideas.
To schedule a consultation appointment, please email CPEIDsupport@asu.edu.
Tools and training
Canvas introduction video
Explore the look and feel of the Upskilling learning management system, Canvas, and gain some management skills for your future course.
Self-directed Upskilling course development toolkit
This is a two-hour self-paced online course developed by the Upskilling ID team to educate stakeholders on how to build an Upskilling self-paced course in Canvas. The course covers course development and design, use of Panopto (media server) and quality assurance practices.